Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gone fishin'

Spent the day on the Gulf of Mexico Monday and came back with 160 pounds of fish. King Mackerel. Red Snapper. Black Grouper. Red Grouper. Mangrove snapper. Gonna eat well.
Threw back a lot of other junk fish and a trio of irritated sharks.
Fished off of St. George Island -- my home away from home -- with an excellent guide. If you're this way and want to dip a line, ask for Capt. Charlie Logue. He charters off the island at competitive prices and you WILL get fish if they are to be had.
The weather has been perfect.
Not too windy when we went out, but I still had the rocking motion of a boat when I went to bed last night. Stabilized by this morning. Weird.
The fishing itself was great fun but muscles I didn't know I had are now aching.
(Note: Be very, VERY careful were you prop that rod when reeling in an uncooperative 15-pound fish.)

No comments: