Sunday, November 15, 2009

Words

OK, it's not the NY Times Review of Books, but the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (cast members of Twilight on the cover) has a couple of groovy pieces. Check out "The B Movie King," a look at Roger Corman's fabulous career. Also, there's a swell column from Stephen King. The author offers his ultimate music tape mix and there are some beauties on his list, including a few by favorites of mine like James McMurtry, Richard Thompson and Rodney Crowell.
That stuff may be available at the mag's web site. If not, buy it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we are going to miss you on the Dalton paper!!!

the dr.

Jimmy Espy said...

I love this community and loved being editor of the newspaper. At this point I can't say much about the situation other than I plan on continuing to write, preferably about this area, in whatever venue makes itself available..
Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, what is going on with you and the paper? I have heard rumors that you are not there. I hope that is not true. If so, you will be sorely missed by your fans, Burt Wingfield

Jimmy Espy said...

I am not in a position to say much NOW about what happened. I should still be the editor, but the people who run the newspaper say differently. I miss the place badly already and wish things has worked out differently. They should have. As I said, there is not much I can say at present. That could change though. Thanks for the interest. I miss my readers more than they miss me.