Sunday, April 18, 2010

Newspaperin'

Wow, what a surprise! Robert T. Nash off the air.
Robert worked for me in Dalton before his gig on the radio. He left under bad terms and for several good reasons I don't have much use for him personally.
He told me one time that he'd screwed up every good job he had had and so I can't say I am surprised to see him screw the pooch at WGOW. Robert is a complicated fellow and he does not handle adversity well at all. That situation with WGOW is likely to get messy. Legally messy.
It sounds like some kind of problem with a co-worker is at the heart of this. Before the blow up here, I liked Robert and thought most of the staff did too. Turns out I was incorrect. However, by and large Robert worked well enough with his co-workers in Dalton. After all, we don't have to all be close pals. Mostly he did his job and stayed below the radar.
I listened to him some on the radio. He could be outstanding and remember that comment comes from someone who know's he's an jackass. On the other hand, at times his show was almost impossible to listen to. The self-congratulatory back slapping and the personal diatribes were an embarrassment. But the station allowed/encouraged it and Robert's loyal listeners seemed happy with the crap.
I always told myself that one day I'd get a chance to punch him in his smirking face, but to be honest with you I hope the jackass gets up, dusts himself off and finds a place on the radio. He's good at it when he's on his game.

No comments: