Friday, May 23, 2008

What this all about?

Currently I am the editor of The Daily Citizen in Dalton, Ga and the editor of four regional magazines, all publicatons for which I write. There are days when I am very tired of pounding a keypad. But there are a lot more days when I wish I had the time, venue and someone to pay me to write even more.
With Espy's Outpost, I am creating my own venue. Somehow I will make the time. (Maybe a little less television). As for getting paid more, that I haven't figured out.
I want to use the Outpost as a dropping off point -- some might say dumping ground -- for some of my stories, ideas and observations, as well links to other people's interesting stories, ideas and observations.
The range of material will be very, very wide. Tuning in to the Outpost you might find:
Comments on local politics
A movie, book or TV review
An ode to barbecue pork
Sports
A good (or bad) joke
Links to al kinds of online goodies
Something that thrills you
Something that offends you (within reason, of course)
A new restaurant or local business to try
I'll write about illegal immigration and what we need to do about. I'll describe to you the joys of the Oakwood's peach cobbler and challenege you to tell me a better one. I'll write about the Braves' left field spot and the bullpen and why the Falcons are going to be painful to watch this year.
Presidential, local and state politics. The media. The economy.
The Three Stooges. Professional wrestling. Old sci fi movies.
Things that interest me and hopefully you too.
Weird stuff, too.
You get the message.
This blog will serve as a place for an aging (handsomely) reporter to shake those last tidbits of value from his much-scrawled upon notepad.
I hope its worth your time and mine.

Espy

No comments: