Sunday, October 5, 2008

Baseball

Darn I really hate to see the Cubs get beat. I was pulling those for those spunky fellows ... Hahahahahahahahha!
I hate the Cubs.
I actully went to Wrigley a few years ago for the last game of the season. It's a great ballpark and jump at the chance if you can ever take your kids on a trip up there ... the baseball and the city are fantastic.The fans were very friendly and welcoming though depressed because the home team had been eliminated from the playoffs two days before.
Truly a great town.
But I got a big bad taste of Cubs fans a few years ago in Atlanta when their last playoff contender knocked off the Braves. I can take a loss in the playoffs -- you can't be a Braves fan and not be able to survive a post-season debacle -- but the obnoxious behavior of the Cub rooters in Atlanta was burned into my soul.
What a bunch of bush leaguers!
Maybe it's just the Cubs fans who live in other cities who are so loathsome. Maybe it's just the media droning on about how wonderful Cubbiness is that turns my stomach.
Whatever the root cause, this evil needs to be eradicated from baseball.
Forever.
Glad to see the Dodgers did their part ... and I don't like them either.

No comments: