Thursday, October 2, 2008

My fantasy life

Baseball season is over and ... what's that you say. It's NOT over? They're still playing.
Let me be more specific, Fantasy Baseball Season is over, which means there is a considerable void in my life. No rotations to set for a key series. No lineup changes to contemplate. No stupid trades to shoot down.
I don't have to lie in bed late at night pondering the decision to cut reliever Matt Capps and pick up versatile infielder Ty Wiggington for added bench strength.
It was a very good season. I had two teams this year and both finished first at the end of the regular season (take that Jamie Jones.) I tied for first one one leage and won the other by 10 games.
If you're thinking I must be one smart cookie, I'm thinking you're right.
Anyhow, I guess I'll give my big ol' brain a rest for a few days.
Then, it'll be time to pick that NBA Fantasy League squad.
Oh yeah ... I've got five (5!) faux NFL teams going right now.
And yes, maybe that does make me a loser ... but I'm a loser with a winning record.

No comments: