Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aches and pains

I have what my rehab expert (Gay Rice of Dalton) calls a "frozen shoulder." That means it doesn't work.
Actually it's OK for most basic movements but anything requiring me to reach behind my back or pick up any weight to the side is either very painful, or the shoulder just won't do it. Also, I no longer have the blazing fastball I have been blessed with all these years. I can barely lift my right arm over my head and can hardly cock it back at all.
I throw -- as my rehab expert, a female I might add, -- "like a girl."
A few cortisone shots provided by Dr. Conrad Easley helped alleviate the pain I was suffering (from inflammation of the ACL joint)but didn't fix the basic problem. Ex-rays and other tests did not reveal any structural damage so rehab became my best option.
I've had two "workouts" and the shoulder is definitely better.
The point of all this whining is a plea for any suggestions from folks who may have had the same problem. Any tips, experiences or suggestions that might help.
And I've already tried large doses of bourbon, so don't bother with that one.

No comments: