Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Jihad

Jihadi jokester.
Years ago I was sitting at the bar of a local restaurant reading a magazine and partaking of a forsty beverage. The owner was a Palestinian Muslim. I had known him for years.
A swarthy young man came in and plopped down at the bar, two seats from me. He introduced himself to the owner, saying he was from ... I believe ... India.It was somewhere in Asia, not the Middle East.
He told the owner he knew he was a Palestinian and wanted him to know that he supported the cause and how Muslims from his country were behind the Palestinian people in their fight. He started yammering about jihad and bad mouthing "the Jews." This was pre 9-11 so regrettably I didn't jump from my seat and drop a dime to the FBI or punch the silly fellow in his snoot. Instead I pretended to read while the young man went on about "the jihad" and scarfed beers.
The owner was petrified and kept telling the junior jihadi to drop the subject, but the young man just kept on drinking and babbling about "the struggle."
After about 30 minutes of this he went to the bathroom.
That's when the owner asked me if I wanted another beer. I told him "only if a jihad wasn't about to break out in here."
He looked at me and said something like "Can you believe this $%^#*&@ idiot? These are the stupidest people in the world."
He then told me a story illustrating just how stupid they were.
We laughed and I had another beer.
The junior jihadi had several more and the owner eventually got him a cab and sent him back to his hotel where I am sure he dreamed of multiple virgins and retarded people blowing themselves up on school buses.

No comments: