Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Braves game

I had four free tickets to the Braves-Nationals game on Saturday and took the wife and kid and my Atlanta lawyer buddy Bill.
In the sixth inning Alison took my daughter to the Cartoon Network playpen. They came back in the bottom of the ninth. Tired of getting up every time somebody wanted a Coke, I suggested she sit in the seat in front of me.
The crowd was thinning out, as the Braves trailed 8-1, and so she plopped down where I suggested -- on the second row from the right field wall.
About two minutes later Braves left fielder Greg Norton tagged a fastball to deep right, where it landed with a nasty kerplunk on my wife's right knee cap, missing my daughter by less than a foot.
Well, I think y'all know whose fault this was gonna be.
But the wife took it all in pretty good stride was not to damaged, though she did have a bruise on her knee the next day.
And no, we didn't get the ball.
Welcome to my life ...

2 comments:

BucDad said...

James Donald, weren't you supposed to throw your body in front of your family to protect them from Norton's mighty blast? Did you not attend that night of "man" class? For shame Lawrence, for shame.

Mark Williams said...

Two points:
A. The odds of Greg Norton hitting a home run are about 75 million to one, so you can't be blamed.
B. Why didn't you catch the ball?