Monday, July 7, 2008

Sad news

Former Daily Citizen publisher Terry Connor's wife Ramona passed away this morning. Ramona hasn't been well in awhile, but it's hard to imagine her not being with us.
Those of you who knew her will remember her feistiness, her sense of humor and her love for the newspaper business. (You might also have picked up on the fact that she was nuts about the University of Alabama football team.)
Despite her health battles, Ramona was a firecracker. What she liked she liked a lot and what what she didn't like, you heard about.
I wish Terry and Ramona's daughter Ryan the best.
Ramona was something else.

1 comment:

Jayhawk1 said...

Jimmy, I met the Connors while working for Terry in Americus. She was momma to so many of us and like you, I'm finding it difficult to imagine a world without her. We used to talk everyday, then I moved away and that slowly changed. There has not been a day that I didn't think of the Connors. She was always the type that when she walked in, the oxygen simply left the room. Her sense of humor was awesome and I've laughed so hard before that I cried. God bless Terry and Ryan. She was the center of their lives and I think truly one of the great loves of our lives. May she rest in peace and I can't wait until the day I see her again. Jay